Partner Profile: Luke Brandon, Family Law Specialist
Luke Brandon is a Partner at Evans Brandon Family Lawyers. He is one of a small number of Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialists in Family Law practising on the Gold Coast.
A Gold Coast local, Luke attended All Saints Anglican School and gained his undergraduate degrees in Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws at the Queensland University of Technology.
Luke joined the firm in 2004 before making Partner in 2011. The same year he won the Highest Achiever Award from the Chief Justice for the Family Law Accredited Specialist Programme.
He is a skilled and strong advocate for the clients he represents whether through mediated agreement or Court determined matters. With 15 years of practical experience exclusively in Family and Relationships Law, Luke has significant experience, skill and expertise to secure the best outcome for his clients.
Luke is dedicated to his clients and is on hand to answer their questions to minimise the stress and anxiety during the difficult time of a relationship breakdown.
He has excellent communication skills. His clients are always kept informed of the status of their matter and advised promptly of any developments.
As a Family Law Accredited Specialist, Luke Brandon has an excellent understanding of:
- Complex and high net worth property settlements involving issues of taxation, corporate and trust structures, forensic analysis of wastage and misappropriation of assets, international and jurisdictional issues, the impact of property settlement and spousal maintenance on succession planning.
- Complex and challenging parenting matters including those involving parental alienation, child abuse, family violence, relocation and high parental conflict.
- Domestic and Family Violence both in representing the Aggrieved and Respondent parties; and Respondent parties.
- Child support disputes, including Departure Orders and Change of Assessments.
Luke Brandon is also skilled in assisting clients entering a de facto relationships and/or marriage with the preparation of Binding Financial Agreements (commonly known as “Prenuptial Agreements”).
Education and Qualifications
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law, 2011
- Queensland Law Society Practice Management Certificate, 2011
- Queensland Law Society Unrestricted Practising Certificate, 2006
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 2006
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2006
- Bachelor of Business (Economics). Queensland University of Technology, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws. Queensland University of Technology, 2004
- High School Certificate. All Saints Anglican School, 1998
- Winner of the Chief Justice’s Highest Achiever Award – Family Law Specialist Accreditation, 2011
- Highest Ranking of “Pre-eminent” in the Leading Family and Divorce Lawyers Gold Coast 2018 and 2019 – Doyles Guide to the Legal Profession
- Leading Family Lawyers – High Value and Complex Property Matters category – Regional Queensland 2019 (Highest ranking awarded).
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners Association
- Gold Coast District Law Association
- Queensland University of Technology Alumni
- All Saints Anglican School Connections Club
To know more about our dedicated team, click here – About Us.