Gold Coast Mediation – A neutral place for discussion and resolution.
Mediation is increasingly being used to settle a matter or narrow down the issues by getting everyone together in the same room, if possible, and in separate rooms if not.
It serves as a structured negotiation process whereby an independent party – the mediator – will assist with facilitating discussions around the issue at hand by identifying and assessing options. It has one common purpose – to reach an agreement with which both parties will be satisfied.
Everything else is part of the process, and how that is handled has a lot to do with the outcome. Evans Brandon Family Lawyers has a purpose-built space for Gold Coast Mediation to help resolve your dispute.
- Reduce legal costs by settling a matter early.
- Result in a better relationship afterwards, in particular where children and ongoing business interests are concerned.
- Deal with the matter privately and avoid Court proceedings.
- Engage an independent mediator, giving you the opportunity to voice your views and have them heard.
- Give you a room for yourself and your legal representative, separate from the other party, to facilitate a “shuttle” discussion without conflict.
Mediation is not suited to everyone. There are a variety of factors that need to be taken into account before considering mediation as an avenue to resolve your dispute.
- Is there a willingness to participate in mediation by both parties?
- Do you accept mediation may not result in the dispute being at an end and you may need to seek a decision from the Court?
- Are both parties prepared to act in a manner that facilitates a productive mediation?
- Are there other factors that make the matter unsuited to mediate such as family violence or complex issues that need to be determined by a Court before mediation may be an option.
For more information on Evandale Mediation Centre and Gold Coast Mediation Room bookings visit the website or contact us.